9.21.2012

{Home Tour Friday} - Master Bedroom

I gave a little sneak peek last week, but today I'm sharing our whole bedroom!



We've recently made some updates which have really changed the whole room. I've posted before about how much I loved Pottery Barn's Vanessa Duvet, but it was sold out online. I had found it on eBay, but was still hesitant to purchase it. On a whim, I called our local Pottery Barn store to see if they had any left, and they did - just one - and it was marked down from $129 to $50.99. Can you believe that?! I loved it even more in person (even C likes it :)! It has brightened the whole room!

These pillows were the other new addition, from Target. They too, were on clearance when I found them, and were $16 each.



Total bedroom update = $95 (with tax)!

Here are some pictures to understand the progression of our bedroom since we moved in. It's come a long way!!

after closing, but before we moved in

right after move in (and really, for the next 2 years!)

before painting & installing new trim


best "before" pictures of our old duvet
old bedding

It's come a long way, our little bedroom!

Before A was born, we did a major renovation of this room. We painted, changed all the trim and changed out the closet doors. I say we... but really, C did all the work. At 8 months pregnant, I would just sit on the bed and keep him company, while I folded tiny baby clothes!

While we absolutely love our bedroom now, the wall with the TV will need to change in the near future. Our cable company has decided to shut down analog cable, meaning every TV in our home will need a cable box. Clearly, there's not a lot of room over in this corner... so we've talked about making some built-ins, to house the cable box. The TV will stay mounted on the wall, and hopefully the new shelving will give me some more space to accessorize with my favorite pictures and artwork.

Oh, and check back next week for a tutorial on making the pallet headboard!
(update: tutorial can be found here)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with
Debbie Doo's
It's Overflowing 
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style
A Bowl Full of Lemons 
DIY by Design 
Kelly's Korner

7 comments:

  1. beautiful! LOVE the new duvet and headboard together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - it looks great! I especially love that headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about it! Where is your rug from? That's super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job girl! Looks like an anthropologie room. Thanks for sharing at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving it all...the headboard makes my heart skip a beat! Thanks for sharing at It's Overflowing's party (Saturdays at 7am). XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!