9.03.2012

Monday Ramblings

Happy Labor Day!

• While catching up on blogs this morning in Google Reader, I couldn't help but be surprised how many bloggers were posting on Sunday. Usually, Sunday is a pretty quiet day in blog-land. A few hours later, I realized it was actually Monday. So here I am, just now writing my Monday post!

• Last week I launched my labor of love, Bella Carta Boutique. I spent so much time focused on the launch, that I lost sight of my other responsibilities. I forgot to pay a bill (thankfully we were able to submit a payment on the due date), forgot to send out a birthday card, and forgot to call and cancel a doctor's appointment. I'm so excited that Bella Carta is up on Etsy, but I'm even more excited that I can get back to my day-to-day stuff. This weekend I cleaned the house, caught up on laundry and wrote out my calendar for the next month. I'm trying to make a concerted effort to pre-plan my blog posts, too, so that I don't have to play catch up at night. Let's see how that goes!

 • I may ruffle a few feathers by saying this, but I really dislike election season. I love the United States, and that we live in a democratic country where we get to elect our officials, but, I don't like the atmosphere it creates. Everyone is on one side or another, people argue about the issues at hand, and honestly, it all makes me uncomfortable. I realized this weekend that I dislike election season even more now that I'm a mom. We read everywhere about bullying and respect, and how important it is to teach your children those things. And then, we turn on the TV, and the two men vying for the next Presidential seat are doing just that. Making fun of each other, being mean and undermining the others' values. I realize the Presidential race is a far-cry from bullying in schools, but shouldn't Obama and Romney play a little nicer? After all, the President is a position that children aspire to. When the entire country tunes in to the Republican or Democratic convention (including teenagers across the country, who probably have to watch for a school assignment), what should parents be saying to their kids? It's OK that the Presidential candidates are rude to each other, but just so you know, it's not OK for you to treat others like that.

• A few weeks ago, we picked up A's big-boy bed. I realized yesterday I never shared a picture of it, or my inspiration board for his room. I'm only sharing the bed today, but the inspiration board will be up soon!

Here was my original inspiration photo for the bed...

Source: bhg.com via Jillian on Pinterest


And here's the Land of Nod version, retailing at a mere $549...

via

And here is my Craigslist find, an antique, for $125!




• We're making progress in the bathroom! Tile samples came this week, and we absolutely loved one of them. We bought the mirror, picked out a vanity and tried to narrow down our to-do list in order to get this done Columbus Day Weekend. I'll be sharing our purchases later this week.

• I'm pulling out the fall decorations today. While September 2nd may seem a little early, a cool, rainy day on a long weekend seems like the perfect reason to start!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Linking up with Debbies Doo's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!