9.25.2012

Our Fall Mantel

When we were choosing new furniture for our living room, one of my top priorities was a space that could act like a 'mantle', without the fireplace. I always loved the idea of changing out one spot in your home every so often, and we lacked a space that would allow me to do that.

The shelf behind our couch serves as our little mantel, and has been changed several times over the last year.  This new arrangement for fall is one of my favorites so far!





If you read my Antique Shopping post back in August, you'll notice the new mirror making an appearance above the shelf. I had intended on painting it, but after seeing how it look sanded, I wanted to keep it just the way it was. It immediately reminded me of this mirror from Pottery Barn - right? Pretty good for $40!

Linking up with Centsational Girl for the Fall Mantel Link Party!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. I love that you created a "faux" mantel. My mom has something similar. I'm visiting from Centsational Girl. Would love for you to come and join in my link party that opens each Tuesday evening at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I really love it. I'm putting ours together tonight and I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!